Thursday, June 17, 2010

Now What?!

On Saturday, June 5, 2010 I graduated from college with my Bachelors degree in Human Services and I'm trying to figure out what to do with my spare time since I don't have homework or classes to occupy my time.  It's definitely been an adjustment, but I think I'm figuring it out.

 Here I am pregnant with our daughter who is due to arrive in early September 2010, my husband Omar, and "bonus daughter" Desiree.

With my proud parents!

So for now I've just been catching up on some much needed R&R and organizing my life a bit at a time. I have also started coming up with some "crafty" projects to work on in the next few weeks for our "Baby Polie's" room. I already purchased the material to make curtains and some supplies to make some creative artwork to display on the walls. I'll post pictures of those as they get done. Currently "Papa" Beto (my dad) is working on jazzing up her room by sanding and painting the walls. I can't wait to post the before and after pictures once it's all done.

With prepping for her arrival comes the planning of the baby shower; this part has been super fun, especially because my awesome cousin and best friend Eliza has been planning most of it. We already figured out the invite design and can't wait until she returns from her DC/NY trip this weekend so that we can work on them and mail them out the last week of June. This means that I have to get crackin' on our Baby Registries, which can be pretty overwhelming and exhausting. Thankfully my cousin, Vanessa, has offered to help me register and give me pointers on what's not needed and what's really needed. 

So as you can see I now know what to do with my "free" time before the little one arrives in just 12 short weeks.  


1 comment:

design nomad said...

Congrats on your new blog! I am proud to say I was your first follower and I love the background artwork!