Wednesday, June 23, 2010

29 Weeks and Counting!!

The first week of my last trimester has been quite interesting to say the least. I am already experiencing the swollen feet and ankles on a daily basis, and on occasion swollen hands. I am also having a more difficult time sleeping at night, especially since I have to wake up so often to empty my bladder, partly because I drink so much water and she loves to just kick my bladder. Just last night I fell asleep at 10pm and woke up at 1am and was not able to fall asleep. I've been awake for almost 21 hours straight and I'm exhausted. Oh well...I guess it's just preparation for many of the sleepless nights I will soon encounter in a couple of months.

A view from the front

Thank goodness I have an awesome husband who massages my feet every night to help the swelling and discomfort subside a bit. He really has been awesome through this whole experience; I really am lucky!

I do have to vent about some of the weird things that people feel they just need to say to me that in my mind are just not necessary.

1. "Oh you're pregnant!" -- No shit Sherlock, I mean really?! It doesn't take a rocket scientist
     to figure that out.

2. "Wow! You're belly is really popping out! You look like you have a watermelon under    
      there." 

3. "You're soooooo big!! But you look great." -- Did you just throw that last sentence in there 
     because you feel like you stuck your foot in your mouth with the first sentence?! 

I could go on and on with some strange things people tell me, but I'll spare you all and myself from having to repeat some stuff that gets me even more irritable than I already am.


 Side view

I will say that all the discomforts aside I am so in love with this little girl growing inside of me and I can't wait to meet her.

No comments: