Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Blissful Saturday

Today was a fabulous day spent with the husband. First off, I was excited that I only woke up once to use the restroom and I was able to fall back to sleep without any problem. Second, I slept in until about 10am; I honestly can't remember the last time I was able to do that. So thank you to whoever out there made this possible for me.

So once we woke up we decided to get ready and head out to Long Beach to enjoy the beautiful day. First stop would be to our favorite Italian spot, Papalucci's, for a late lunch. Omar introduced me to this spot shortly after we started dating and we just love going there any chance we get. It was not busy at all so it was nice and quiet, and we didn't feel rushed through our meal.

We started off with the Pepe Salad and Garlic Rolls, while we waited for the main course. The Pepe Salad is a wonderful mixture of lettuce, purple cabbage, cucumbers, tomatoes, and garbanzo beans topped off with cheesy vinaigrette dressing.  The Garlic Rolls are a buttery, cheesy gooey goodness that just warms my belly, not much else to say about that. I ordered the Henry's Special Shrimp with Fusili Pasta and it's always delicious with tomatoes, basil, and lots of mushrooms. Omar ordered the Tutte Mare (mussels and shrimp) with Angel Hair Pasta and he said he enjoyed it.

Picture of our entire meal at Papalucci's in Long Beach.

After our delicious and filling lunch it was off to Shoreline Village to walk around, enjoy the weather, and relax. We locked along the docks checking out of the boats and talking about which one we wouldn't mind owning in a few years, nothing wrong with dreaming, right? After that we found a spot to sit and read our books for a bit, and I indulged in an ice cream cone. We noticed that it started to get busier with people walking around and decided to venture off to a quieter spot where we could continue reading and just enjoy the weather and company. We found a huge grassy area and took refuge under a tree, I continued to read and Omar decided he was going to take pictures. 

I have to say that I can't remember the last time we had a day where we just relaxed and spent the day at our leisure without having to worry about rushing to do this or that, or be anywhere in particular. 

 We stopped along the way to take a picture with all the pretty boats.

Here's looking forward to another day like today in the near future!




No comments: